Taking action to question Paternity

Select to highlight:

What if you don’t think you are the father of the child ?

The Child Support Agency (CSA) must be satisfied that you are the father of the child before it can make a child support assessment.

The CSA cannot be satisfied that you are the father unless at least one of the following applies:

• your name is on the birth certificate
• you have sworn a statutory declaration that you are the father of the child
• you were married to the mother at the time the child was born
• a court has made an order that you are the father of the child
• you were living together at any time from 44 weeks to 20 weeks before the birth of the child
• you have adopted the child

 ] Download File...

The attached factsheets or other similar documents are provided on an as-is basis on behalf of the document authors. If you require any further information on the factsheets, please contact the factsheet authors, as credited on the factsheets themselves.

Categories: Paternity and Child Support
Tags: , , ,