Anonymous Family Law Affidavit – Federal Magistrates Court

This is an actual family law affidavit as presented to the Federal Magistrates Court by the applicant father. All personalised information, including relevant names, addresses and other personal information have been removed.

This affidavit was prepared by the said father, with the help of his solicitor, and is inclusive of the orders that the father sought the Court to make.

Family Law Express make no representation about the outcome of this affidavit, but we do ask the reader to look closely at the information contained, the brevity of the document, the information the affidavit chose to highlight.

Share the Care Parenting Plan – Collaborative Parenting Apart

Divorce and separation are painful for everyone involved–particularly children. At this challenging time children need support, love and contact with both parents.

Some certainty about the future is also very important for everyone. A written parenting plan, worked out between parents, will help clarify the arrangements you need to put in place to care for your children. It will help everyone involved to know what is expected of them and it will be a valuable reference as time passes and circumstances change.

What is a parenting plan?

A parenting plan puts the best interests of the child first. It is drawn up in good will with a shared commitment to your children and their future firmly in mind.

A parenting plan is a written agreement between parents covering practical issues of parental responsibility.

Your plan will detail practical decisions about children’s care in such areas as:

  • parenting style
  • living arrangements
  • finances
  • religion
  • education
  • health care
  • emotional well-being.

A parenting plan is not legally enforceable; however it can have legal implications. See Parenting plans and the law (page 4).

What is not covered in a parenting plan?

A parenting plan does not cover how you intend to divide up your cash, home and assets. This is called a Property Settlement and you should discuss these matters with a lawyer.