Relocation of children

Under the Family Law Act, moving the children to another town, city, state or country is known as relocation. If a parent moving will limit the time the children get to live with or spend with the other parent or another significant person in their lives, a court may not give permission by way of Relocation Orders.

If you move without a court order or without the consent of the other party, a court may order you to return until it has considered the case. Published on 20 Nov 2015